Monday, February 27, 2012

pH meter arrived today and already used

Today I received a pH meter bought at ebay, very cheap but works perfectly, I already tested it.

I could prepare with the help of the pH meter, a developer with 10g Sodium Hydroxide plus 30g Sodium bicarbonate and 15g soluble coffee for 1 liter. pH measured = 9,6.

Protocol of the development

Bath
Duration /min.
Temperature / ºC
Obs.
CD-4
5
R.T.
Continuous agitation
Caffenol X 13 34-30 Continuous agitation
Rinse 1
R.T.
3 times fill
Bleach 3
R.T.
Continuous agitation
Rinse
1
R.T.
3 times fill
Fixer 7 R.T. First minute agitation
Washing
30
R.T.
3 times fill and then take from tank and leave in water
Dry
90 min.
R.T.


Results

Less grain
More detail

Observations:

I used again the bleach and fix method but I prepared a new bleach bath more diluted than the other and acting more time, 3 minutes instead of 2. With this, great part of the yellow spots did not show but still a little in the upper part mainly but spread over the picture too. The development duration could have been 15 minutes or slightly more.



Now, I have to solve the problem of the digitization, the photo above is better than it looks here, I am sure.

No comments: