Sunday, September 28, 2014

Does Parodinal (or Rodinal) develop color?

The C-41 film developed as B&W with Parodinal but scanned as color makes one think it might be possible to get real colors. I started experimenting on this and now I am quite sure it will be possible to develop C-41 films with Parodinal. This is my first picture where it is clear that Parodinal is giving true colors and not a kind of random colorized picture like I've got in the first results. I am still working on this subject in order to present the full procedure that may be reproduced by everyone.


In this picture I can see that the gras is green, the roofs are red and the sky is blue. It was developed with homebrewed parodinal, a special recipe I use, made of Paracetamol, Potassium Metabisulfite and Sodium Hydroxide, nothing else. I am using Povidone Iodine as bleach and common rapid fixer for B&W.

No comments: