Friday, August 3, 2012

New hair dye with CD-4

I told you in the previous post that I suspect that aged hair dye builds perhaps CD-4 and because of this it works as a color developer. I must correct my statement like this: the aged hair dye builds some kind of color developer but not necessarily CD-4. Because trying to get the same result as I got with old hair dye and it is not the same. I didn't achieve this clearly positive, but something in that direction only. I increased the amont of CD-4 to make the image more clear but the result was going to a more negative look than before.

More CD-4, reflexive scan
 The piece of film above was developed in a soup with hair dye, CD-4 and Sodium Carbonate. Because these are not good for direct scan, I decided to bleach the film and get normal C-41 developed film, from witch you can see some results below:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4
Comment:

As you see, these pictures are acceptable as color pictures and all the process was done at room temperature, what is a good thing for us, amateurs.

No comments: