I simply could not repeat the experiment I did with an old portion of hair dye, that gave a positive image in a C-41 film, witch could be scanned directly by reflexion.
I tried every possible combination hair dye and alkali, I used Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Carbonate, change proportions and no result except the poor one that I described in the previous post.
Then I was thinking why is it so difficult to get it working. Maybe the natural aging process builds CD-4 from the hair dye components. And because CD-4 is not present, no color is developed or very little. So, I added some CD-4 to a hair dye soup in Sodium Carbonate. Yes, then I could reproduce the former experiment with the old hair dye.
To be sure that was the point, I will leave the rest of new hair dye in the same shelf for 1 month and then try again, without CD-4.
The film is still drying, latter on and will add some photos here. These photos are from inside, in a piece of film just for testing. But I am leaving home in a while and make some photos outside.
|Hair dye plus CD-4, bleach bypass, direct positive image|